- 2015-present – Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, Popular Culture & Film, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
- 2013-2015 – Mitacs Elevate Post-doctoral Fellow, Mozilla (Industrial partner), Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2013 – PhD, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario. Dissertation title: Through the Social Web: Citizen-led Participation in Ontario Policy-making.
- 2006 – Master of Arts, School of Communication, Simon Fraser University (SFU), Burnaby, BC. Thesis title: A wired waiting room: Interventions to enhance access to online health information.
- 2002 – Bachelor of Arts (Honours), McMaster University, Hamilton, ON. Combined Honours BA program in Multimedia and Women’s Studies.